Niche Site Resources – Tools of the Trade
Here you can find my favorite niche site tools and essential resources, all in one spot. I am always learning and as I do, I will be updating this page often. I recommend bookmarking this page for your reference and convenience.
Education / Training
- Forever Affiliate: This is the excellent Affiliate Marketing training program that I went through myself and highly recommend. It contains everything in step-by-step videos on exactly how and where to find the right products to promote, how to set up your site, how to bring in free organic traffic and how to move up the ranks of Google, all with the end goal of creating your first affiliate sales commissions.
- Proven Amazon Course: This is the Fulfillment By Amazon training program that myself and several others are currently going through. It contains step by step modules on the various aspects of how to be successful, selling on Amazon. That includes everything from determining the right products to sell, how to have others private label the products to make them your own, how to source products from places like China and how to get your products to move up the rankings on Amazon, resulting in successful sales and profits.
- Elegant Themes: I will be utilizing Elegant Themes for all of my sites going forward. They currently have over 87 different themes to choose from, with Divi 2.0 being most popular. Their themes are all easy to install/customize and they give your sites a clean, modern, mobile friendly, responsive look and feel.
- Fiverr: Do you need a website logo or banner created? Perhaps some blog content or a YouTube video? You can find all that and lots more, all for only $5!
- MailChimp: Site to utilize for all of your email list needs. Collect email subscriptions, send out automated welcome emails for new subscribers, sends out emails for all new blog posts, etc. It is completely free up to 2,000 email subscribers and 12,000 emails/month.
- Moving WordPress Site to New Domain My post on how to move your WordPress site to a new domain name, the right way.
- GoDaddy: Recommended for all your domain registration needs. I’ve utilized them for all of my domain names since 2003 and have never had an issue. I love the low priced deals for new domains as well as renewals.
- Web Hosting Hub: Great, inexpensive hosting. Unlimited domain names, disk space and bandwidth, 1 click WordPress installs, excellent customer service, 90 day full money back guarantee. I am a delighted customer and I personally negotiated with them to be able to offer their lowest rate anywhere, starting at $3.95 per month. No joke, I really did.
- Amazon Affiliate Program: Make money by linking to and providing reviews of products available through Amazon.com.
- ClickBank: Excellent site to find products or services to promote and receive a commission.
- Commission Junction: Another site similar to ClickBank offering additional products and services to promote.
- Market Samurai: My favorite keyword research tool, that comes with a full 12 day free trial. Check out my posts on Keyword Research and SEO Competition for step-by-step tutorials on how to set yourself up for success online utilizing Market Samurai.
- Long Tail Pro: Another very good keyword research tool that I became aware of recently. This one comes with a full 10 day free trial as well. It is similar to Market Samurai, but utilizes different metrics for analyzing competition and may be a little easier for beginners. Check out my latest post/video on how to utilize Long Tail Pro for keyword research and brainstorming.
Essential WordPress Plugins
- Optin Skin Plugin: Excellent plugin from Glen Allsopp, ViperChill blogger, that allows you to easily create opt-in email subscription and social media sharing boxes for your blog to increase your email subscriptions and drive traffic your way. Check out my full Optin Skin Plugin review for further specifics.
- Google XML Sitemaps: This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. It will also notify the search engines anytime you create a new post/page.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast: Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using the free WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
- Pretty Link Lite: Great plugin for creating ‘pretty’ links which redirect to other sites, such as Amazon or other affiliate programs. Rather than having huge, ugly looking links, this helps you clean them up. You can also track the number of hits.
- Updraft Plus – Backup/Restore: A great plugin for backing up and restoring your WP site. In addition to storing your backups on your hosting account, you also have the option to upload the backups to several cloud based storage locations, such as DropBox.
- CommentLuv: Add-on to the default WordPress comment system that rewards your readers by allowing them the option to place a link to one of their recent blog posts at the end of their comment. Helps to increase the number of comments.
- Simple Share Button Adder – For adding share buttons to your site, so that people can easily share your content.
- Google Adsense: Make money by placing relevant ads on your website that are generated from advertisers using Google Adwords. This is free to use, but you have to register for an account.
- Google Adwords: If you want to begin advertising on Google, you can select keywords and locations and you pay each time someone clicks on your advertisement.
Website Stats and Optimization
- Google Analytics: Google’s free website tracking and analytical tool. A must have for anyone with any type of website.
- Google Optimizer: This is another free tool from Google where you can test different webpages of the same content, only changing one or two things, so you can see which one works/converts best. It’s basically a website optimizer/testing tool.
- Uptime Robot: Free online tool to monitor the up/downtime and responsiveness of your web site(s). You can monitor up to 50 sites, every 5 minutes absolutely free.
- CopyScape: Partially free online tool to check your site for duplicate content. It is free until you hit the maximum number of queries per month.
- Site Linker: A second free tool to check your site for duplicate content, I’m including this one also in case you run out of free queries per month with CopyScape above and also because they provide somewhat different results that are both work investigating.
For Capturing Video / Screencasts, Audio and Image Manipulation
- Camtasia Studio for PC: Excellent program for creating videos of your PC screen for use in tutorials and webinars. This is the product I utilize for all the videos you see on this site. 30 day free trial available.
- Camtasia for Mac: For Mac users. 30 day free trial available.
- CamStudio: Free open source program for creating screen capture videos on a PC. I have not actually utilized this version, but I wanted to make you aware there is a free version out there.
- Audacity: Free audio recording/editing software.
- Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Microphone: This is the same microphone that I utilize in my Podcast. It was recommended by Pat Flynn and the quality is really great, especially for the price. If you do purchase this microphone, definitely add on this inexpensive pop filter.
- Gimp 2: Free image editing software that I dare say, rivals Adobe Photoshop. I liked it so much that I actually removed Photoshop in favor of this software because it ran so much faster and did everything I utilized Photoshop for.
- Cool Text: Free Logo and Graphics Generator.
- PhotoDune: My go-to photo resource. They have a huge selection of high quality, inexpensive photos. All of the photos that I utilize here, that I did not take on my own, are from PhotoDune and they only cost $1 each. Great deal!
- FreeDigitalPhotos.net: Royalty free images to use for your blog or website. The only catch is that you will need to provide a link to the digital artist’s portfolio and give credit.
- Free Public Domain Images: They do have some free photos, but they are mixed in with pay photos as well.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: This is the book that changed my way of thinking and got me started with online adventures. I read this book way back in 2003 and I registered my first website after reading that. It holds a special place on my bookshelf and will always be one of my all time favorites.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies or products, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals. And a sincere THANKS, if you do decide to purchase any products utilizing my affiliate links.