In Episode 13, we will cover the following items as they relate to creating an email subscriber list:
- Why it is SO important to create an email subscriber list right away.
- Quick comparison of Aweber and MailChimp.
- How to utilize MailChimp to send a fully automated welcome email, with a free bonus doc/guide.
- How to setup a subscription form.
- Free plugin for adding a ‘subscribe to blog’ checkbox to your comment section that integrates with MailChimp.
- RSS to email.
- Suggestions for how to get more subscribers.
- …and more!
Supplemental information and reference posts:
MailChimp RSS to Email Setup – Email new posts to your subscribers automatically.
How to Send an Automated Welcome Email and Free Guide To Your Subscribers – Check out the part on the top of this post about the welcome email. You can also choose to place the free doc/eGuide on your own site and provide a link, similar to what I do for my subscribers. If you need any help setting that up, just let me know!
MailChimp For WordPress Free Plugin – Add a ‘subscribe to blog’ check box to your comment section, that is fully integrated with MailChimp.
MailChimp Sign-Up – This is my MailChimp affiliate link. If you sign-up through that link, you and I will both get a $30 account credit, but only if/when we both convert to a paid account down the road.
Do you currently collect emails on your site? Have any additional tips on how others can increase their opt-ins? Please share any specifics in the comments below. Thanks!